The year is ending and we have not rehashed it so far. At least, I have not! I am up to some light- hearted-crowd pleaser-ware- share today.
The whole year round, it has been:”Get up in the morning- check your phone, have your cuppa-check your phone, gobble up your breakfast-check your phone,dash off to work- check your phone,stare at the laptop-check your phone…head home to eat and sleep and still check your phone”.
Never mind! Next year promises no better! Only that, in between my phone and my life is: Bollywood!
I do a lot of cinema. Bollywood is the next best stop-over for me. I love songs and movies and Bollywood n our glitzy stars!Some marvellous people caught my eye this year, my fav 9 being👇
1. Alia Bhatt( for her fine performance in Raazi and … bagging the recycled Ranbir Kapoor. )
2.Vicky Kaushal(Masaan) you won’t believe it that I saw this 2015 release this year, after checking him out in Raazi!)
3. Priyanka Chopra( for stealing the show all the way! Her life is no less than a feature film, and she stood out for playing her life with gumption!)
4. Rajkummar Rao , for Fanney Khan! The guy is in a class of his own. Small screen time, large screen presence. Stree is an overkill, so stick to his previous ones like Bareilly ki Barfi and Shaadi mey jarur aana ,in case he endears himself to you.
5. Radhika Apte( for her role in The day after everyday)Men may disagree here! But come-on! Rest of the flicks is not ‘acting’!
6. Kangana Ranaut( for adorning the role of Manikarnika and being a Queen in real life- her Manali home is to die for)
8. Jaya Bhaduri ( I am talking Mili then and now, timeless! I can watch it as many times. She is at her best and Amitabh adds to her screen persona.)
9. Ranveer Singh ( for Ching’s latest ad! Watch it now 😂 The fellow is sooo in your face. Wonder how the sophisticated Deepika will cope up!)
*Special Mention: Nawazuddin Siddiqui for portraying Manto. The actor is A class, but the movie is artificial!He also managed to get a kind mention in the # me too movement in Bollywood!
Yes, I have embedded the links to what made them stand out for me. Some of them are timeless while some of them are quite promising. I would love your opinion and additions in the comments section.