Usually, I don’t do movies out here as I strongly believe in “to each his own” but today, I beg an exception. “Super 30″ is worth the words.
- ‘From the Slumdog millionaire family, but better.
- It’s so ploretariat but not of the alternate genre which is the unusual!
- It talks of “change”.
- You have the mysterious case of phi!Yes the golden ratio of beauty!
- How the “Rickys” of India are pitched against the “Bholus” of the country – must see.
- How Hritik has managed to tone himself down, successfully so, is not to be missed.
While the IIT thirsty students and their penury ridden teacher went without food in the film, my 11 year old who was supposed to get motivated out of his every living pore, kept licking cheese powder out of the emptying carton of cheese popcorn that I had so benevolently provided him with.The movie sent me home feeling guilty- for not doing anything for my land, my people back in Bihar n still trying to motivate a “comforts stricken pre-teenager” into feeling the need to join an IIT; to make the cut in this big bad merciless world.
“What did you learn from the movie?”
A wrong question to the apple of my eye!🙄
“Mamma, only poor children can clear IIT entrance!”
P.S-for my international readers,😁 please note that the following are specific to India:
1. Hrithik Roshan- Indian film star renouned for his inimitable dancing and action!
2. IITs(Indian Institutes of Technology) – hard to join as hard to crack entrance to these institutions in India.
3. Bholu (a commonly found name for a simple and innocent child of humble beginnings usually, especially in the northern part of India)