With our country getting beautiful highways, road trips are winning favour with those who love to take to the road on weekends. Escaping the routine to be the wanderer, the nomad… the human being with limited belongings and limited desires, at least for that limited period.
Wide roads with panoramic views are taking someone somewhere always… As we drive past small hamlets and villages, unexplained wistful thoughts always hit me. The wide vast expanse of sky and cultivated fields call out so often. Something sweet, something amiss, some longing slithers in slowly and swells up like one of those unattained dreams. These are some of my thoughts that I have shared above and below:
- So tell me, what gets to you when you are on a long drive?
- Does the dusk and approaching night through your windscreen fill you with melancholy?
- Do the whizzing past lights of the shops and vehicles give you a feeling of watching a movie clip in fast forward mode ?
- Do the twinkling lights in distant homes beckon you?
- Do you feel like leaving behind all that binds you to that apartment in the city and running down the smooth glades and softly caress the wild flowers?
- As you sit in your moving vehicle, ensconced in the darkness of the night do you feel as secure as in a cocoon?
- Does the car alone become an extended home and you don’t wish for anything else for the moment?
- When you cross hundreds of un-related human beings, do you feel anything other than being a spec of dust in the vastness of this Universe?
- Do you ever wish for this journey to never end? I often do.
Do share your thoughts. I am waiting to hear from all of you.